DISCLAIMER: THERE IS A POSSIBILITY THAT I COULD BE WRONG.

Minneapolis Grain Exchange seats are cheap. Everyone should buy one...and then buy one for a friend.

Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Price of Indecision: 5 Cents.

As I mentioned yesterday, I want to put on some long July MGEX wheat / short KC for similar reasons to my positioning in MGEX/CBOT. The carry cost for KC goes up starting in July to 9 cents/month while MGEX stays at 5 cents/month. Also, cash Hard Red Spring wheat is about $2.00 over Hard Red Winter wheat, so I think time is on my side buying the July MGEX at only a bit over 30 cents/bushel premium to KC...but I could have had it yesterday a nickel cheaper.

Sure, the risk is still there, but I don't have to hold it for 20 cents against me, I can exit sooner if i like (hopefully).

No comments:

Post a Comment