DISCLAIMER: THERE IS A POSSIBILITY THAT I COULD BE WRONG.

Minneapolis Grain Exchange seats are cheap. Everyone should buy one...and then buy one for a friend.

Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Trying to Be Nimble

While I stopped trading early yesterday, I did narrow my focus a bit. I switched the long July MGEX/ short CBOT position I had to additional long MGEX/ short KC. So I have just that one intermarket spread and a long July/ short Sep MGEX calendar spread.

Deliverable stocks at Duluth dropped another 3MM bushels, so that's nearly half the deliverable stocks gone in about 5 weeks; there are only about 14MM bushels left and 606 May contracts still open after the last day of trading. It appears to me that there is a chance that supplies will get very tight on MGEX wheat.

As of mid-day today, we see July MGEX up 3 cents against Sep and 5-7 cents stronger against KC, so this trading thesis is being supported by the price action so far.

No comments:

Post a Comment