DISCLAIMER: THERE IS A POSSIBILITY THAT I COULD BE WRONG.

Minneapolis Grain Exchange seats are cheap. Everyone should buy one...and then buy one for a friend.

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Scaling Out of July MGEX

Not that I don't like, I do--but it's increasingly volatile so my positions need to be smaller. So just tiny positions long MGEX vs KC and long July MGEX versus September new crop. I was concerned that the big increase in July MGEX value was due to a very localized shortage of spring wheat deliverable against the Minneapolis contract, but with 14% protein KC wheat trading at similar numbers, it looks more like a protein issue than a location and futures issue. Tomorrow's release of deliverable stocks in Duluth will still be worth watching.

Haven't posted for a couple days due to a computer glitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment