DISCLAIMER: THERE IS A POSSIBILITY THAT I COULD BE WRONG.

Minneapolis Grain Exchange seats are cheap. Everyone should buy one...and then buy one for a friend.

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Haven't Really Traded for Two Days

The long July MGEX/ short KC spread has been drifting mostly higher, it was running about 15-18 cents premium MGEX today. I tried to jump in at the close and buy some July MGEX at $1.40 over CBOT but only got a couple before the bell.

Calendar spreads are still hanging around the same levels as when I rambled on about them a few days ago...

The trade I missed was the $105,000 MGEX membership--I wanted that one. But stepping back, I have to admit that over the 15 months since I first got involved in MGEX, the memberships have appreciated precisely 0%. Obviously, if I had it to do over again, I would go with the dividend paying KCBT membership.

No comments:

Post a Comment