DISCLAIMER: THERE IS A POSSIBILITY THAT I COULD BE WRONG.

Minneapolis Grain Exchange seats are cheap. Everyone should buy one...and then buy one for a friend.

Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Rolling to March

I am happily rolling Dec MGEX longs and Dec CBOT shorts to March. Maybe I should hang in for another week or two, but with the CBOT Dec at 39 cents under March, there's only a couple more cents there at best. The March11 MGEX is around 30 cents premium to CBOT; no surprise that I think that's a bargain with the Dec at 54-55 cents premium and cash Spring Wheat at around 90 cents premium to Soft Winter Red Wheat.

Yesterday, I bought March/sold May in Corn. I figure there's only 6-7 cents downside and these spreads may come in handy if (when) grains spike to new highs. I will be on the lookout to buy March/sell May in Oats if I can get that close to 10 cents discount for March.

No comments:

Post a Comment