DISCLAIMER: THERE IS A POSSIBILITY THAT I COULD BE WRONG.

Minneapolis Grain Exchange seats are cheap. Everyone should buy one...and then buy one for a friend.

Thursday, November 17, 2011

MGEX Is Apparently Bulletproof

Why, oh why, didn't I stay long the beautiful MGEX?

Really, I won't lose sleep over it. I have been surprised that the premium for KC over CBOT has not grown as the overall wheat market has seen prices drop. I assume that CBOT wheat is seeing more speculative selling..maybe the prospects for better growing weather in the Hard Red Winter Wheat growing areas has had a negative impact on KC prices. Or maybe CBOT shorts are providing a bit of a floor to that market (doubtful).

Anyway, the July12 KC remains close to 50 cents premium to CBOT, so there hasn't been much to get excited about.

No comments:

Post a Comment