DISCLAIMER: THERE IS A POSSIBILITY THAT I COULD BE WRONG.

Minneapolis Grain Exchange seats are cheap. Everyone should buy one...and then buy one for a friend.

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Fundamentals on Hold for the Moment

With the rush toward "risk on" assets today, I thought it unwise to be short any nearby CBOT wheat. Only keeping a long MGEX vs CBOT position way out in Dec12 where MGEX is only 65-70 cents premium. I expect that many, if not all, CBOT shorts will be looking to cover if the markets continue to rally. So I am trying to stay out of the way.

Still looking for a tightening of Dec11 CBOT vs Mar12 as we go through the beginning of November. There are 15K contracts fewer passive index longs (compared to 3 months ago) to rollover and 40K non-commercial shorts that will be looking to roll or cover. My guess is that the current 35 cents discount for Dec is around 10 cents more than any commercial cost...

No comments:

Post a Comment