DISCLAIMER: THERE IS A POSSIBILITY THAT I COULD BE WRONG.

Minneapolis Grain Exchange seats are cheap. Everyone should buy one...and then buy one for a friend.

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Nothing Can Keep Pace with Corn

Both Ethanol and Oats were about unchanged on the day as Corn rallied a further 2%. I dumped the ethanol position. For now, I will keep the Oats. Maybe the oats resistance at $4 will break or maybe corn turns lower... I don't think I will keep this one if it doesn't turn around quickly.

Just as I usually add a "tail hedge" on intermarket wheat spreads, in retrospect, I should have carried a bit more on the Ethanol and Oats longs than the Corn shorts to account for the higher corn volatility.

As DTN's Hard Red Spring index for cash markets hits $1.65 over Soft Red Winter, I had to jump back in the long MGEX/short CBOT spread--this time with July MGEX at 73 cents premium.

No comments:

Post a Comment